Wellness Sessions to Nurture Mind and Body
Don’t let your brain be the only body part you exercise at the Annual Congress. The AANA Wellness Department has set up several events throughout the extended weekend that will help both your body and your mind.
New this year, the AANA Wellness Department is bringing fitness to the congress in a whole new way in the form of “Health and Wellness Bytes.” Located in the foyer on level 6 of the convention center, the energetic Dr. Kim will lead participants in “byte-sized” well-being breaks to fit into your busy days. Drop in to recharge body and mind, gain immediate energy, and leave productive and recharged. Look for topics and times below. Some sessions include easy-to-follow, sweat-free fitness breaks. Dr. Kim also schedules one-on-one meetings with attendees eager to learn more about bringing fitness and wellness to their lives.
Also new to this year’s congress is the “Zen Den.” Located at the back of the Exhibit Hall, all attendees are welcome to stop by the Zen Den to get a five-minute seated massage. Everyone is also invited to visit the Health & Wellness booth to pick up information on CRNA/SRNA well-being, workplace substance use disorder policy guidelines, tips to reduce workplace bullying, and resources for the emotional impact of an adverse event.
Runners will want to sign up for the Twelfth Annual Wellness Fun 5K Walk/Run, beginning at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday at Myrtle Edwards Park. You will not want to miss this amazing journey walking/running along the winding looped bath along Puget Sound. Want to go on the 5K Walk/Run but forgot to register? Visit the Registration Desk to sign up and pay the $40 registration fee. Net proceeds will be donated to the AANA Foundation Jan Stewart Speaker Fund. For more information, click here.
Health & Wellness Bytes: Outside of Room 601 on Level 6
- 8:00 AM – 8:15 AM, Sunday, Sept. 10
- 10:30 AM – 10:45 AM, Sunday, Sept. 10
- 11:00 AM – 11:15 AM, Sunday, Sept. 10
- 11:30 AM – 11:45 AM, Sunday, Sept. 10
- 12:00 PM – 12:15 PM, Sunday, Sept. 10
- 12:30 PM – 12:45 PM, Sunday, Sept. 10
- 8:00 AM – 8:15 AM, Monday, Sept. 11
- 9:00 AM – 9:15 AM, Monday, Sept. 11
- 10:00 AM – 10:15 AM, Monday, Sept. 11
- 10:30 AM – 10:45 AM, Monday, Sept. 11
- 11:45 AM – 12:00 PM, Monday, Sept. 11
- 12:15 PM – 12:30 PM, Monday, Sept. 11
- 12:45 PM – 1:00 PM, Monday, Sept. 11
- 3:30 PM – 3:45 PM, Monday, Sept. 11